2024 CIFPs National Conference
2023 CIFPs National Conference
2022 CIFPs National Conference
Previous National Conferences
CIFPs Professional Days
CIFPs Ethical Conduct Sessions
Retirement Canada Dialogue 2023
Retirement Canada Dialogue 2022
Continuing Education - 2023
E&O Insurance for Members
Regulatory Map of Canada
The Canadian Institute of Financial Planners offers a broad array of membership benefits:
- Errors and Omissions Insurance
strong advocacy on specific and peripheral issues affecting the financial planning profession and financial services industry in Canada by representing CIFPs Members on matters of common interest before governmental and regulatory bodies and any other organization or persons
- Media and Communications
promotion of Members' views and interests to the public through media and other communication channels to build a strong profession
- Research Services
that supports advocacy and assists Members in their professional development and practices
- Networking and Education
that assists Members with their professional development needs via an annual national conference and various technical conferences
to assist Members to keep current with the latest industry and financial planning profession trends, events and practices through newsletters, our Web site and the Financial Planning Practitioners' Guide that outlines best practices across industry sectors aligned to the FPSC practice standards.
We understand you are a multi-dimensional professional, our online content resource tool will provide you with access to the latest courses in mutual funds, financial planning and insurance to meet your information reference needs.
- Professional Development
the most comprehensive professional development program available and all included as part of your membership:
- a suite of FPSC-pre-approved continuing education courses that provide you with all the CE credits you need to uphold your Certified Financial Planner® designation each year; in addition, our CE titles qualify as continuing education activities for registered and approved individuals who deal with the public through the securities platform and for licensed insurance agents
- our annual financial planning publication—Current Trends and Issues in Financial Planning—will provide you with updates on the latest technical, administrative, legislative and regulatory developments
- the FPSC-pre-approved CIFPs Professional Days seminars, held in the fall of each year, uses a case study approach and peer group interaction to advance the critical thinking and application of financial planning solutions and share best practices
- a bi-annual regulatory bulletin prepared by BLG, outlining regulatory issues that will affect CIFPs members by license category
- an agreement with Athabasca University that recognizes and gives credit for your educational accomplishments under the CIFP CFP Certification Program towards a business degree
- an affinity discount program for CIFPs members who wish to purchase PlanPlus Inc.’s financial planning software
* CIFP/CIFPs creates and/or sponsors its educational offerings in consideration of the continuing education guidelines set by Financial Planning Standards Council (FPSC). Unless an education offering has been specifically pre-approved by FPSC, it is the responsibility of the CFP® professional to assess the appropriateness of this education content for purposes of claiming CE credits. Claims for CE credits are subject to review and approval by FPSC.
CIFPs does not award the CFP® and Certified Financial Planner® designation. The right to use the marks CFP and Certified Financial Planner is granted under license by FP Canada to persons who have met its education standards, passed the FP Canada Certified Financial Planner examinations, satisfied a work experience requirement and who have agreed to abide by the FP Canada Code of Ethics.